- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Elastomeric Masonry, Stucco & Brick Paint
An exterior, flexible high-build coating designed to expand and contract, bridging hairline cracks in vertical masonry surfaces. This extremely durable, mildew and dirt resistant waterproofing finish has superior elasticity and elongation properties, stretching up to 600% to resist cracking. It passes Federal Specification TT-C-555b sec. 3.3.3, withstanding 98 mph wind-driven rain. The 100% acrylic latex formula provides a breathable film, releasing moisture that builds in walls. This low sheen paint has excellent color retention and is available in 90 custom tinted colors and computerized color matching.
FOR TINT BASE – DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF TINTING COLORANT.
WHERE TO USE
Properly prepared exterior vertical surfaces such as: Stucco, Masonry, Concrete, Concrete Block or Brick as well as adjacent Wood and Metal surfaces. Not for use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
2 Coats Required
4-6 Hr Dry Time; 24 Hr Recoat Time
75-125 Sq. Ft Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water Clean-Up
Proper surface preparation is required
- Allow new stucco and masonry to cure for 30 days before painting.
- Remove all loose, peeling paint. Power wash to remove chalk. Remove dirt and grease with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 990 Concrete & Masonry Degreaser & Cleaner.
- Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- On galvanized metal, use a diluted solution of a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 991 Concrete & Masonry Cleaner & Etcher to prepare the surface. Follow all label instructions. Rinse thoroughly and allow a minimum of 24 hours to dry.
- Cracks and gaps wider than 1/16” (1.5 mm) should be routed open, dusted and patched with an elastomeric patching compound. Use an acrylic caulk around windows, doors and trim. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Prime all uncoated, patched, chalky, wood and/or metal surfaces with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer.
- DO NOT THIN.
- Intermix all cans of same product to ensure color uniformity. Stir paint before and occasionally during application.
- Use product when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C). Do not use if rain or heavy dew is expected within 24 hours.
- Apply using a high quality 1 1/4” nap roller, nylon/polyester brush or airless sprayer (.025"-.029" spray tip).
- A second coat must be applied at the same spread rate as the first.
- A third coat may be required to achieve a final dry mil thickness of about 10-15 mils.
- If airless spraying, use equipment with a minimum of 2,500 PSI at the tip. Maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
- Do not re-spread or re-work paint.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- After two weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN – DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
LIMITED LIFETIME GUARANTEE
Behr Process Corporation guarantees that this product will provide a waterproof finish and hide hairline cracks existing at time of application when applied and cared for according to label directions. This guarantee shall be effective for so long as you reside in your home and is made to the original residential consumer paint purchaser. This guarantee is not transferable. This guarantee does not cover water intrusion due to structural defects or caulk failure. Color fading and chalking will occur naturally over time. If this product fails to perform as specified, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof-of-purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new paint to you, or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for the application or removal of any paint and (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based upon breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This guarantee gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).