- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Concrete & Masonry Paint Stripper No. 992
BEHR PREMIUM® CONCRETE & MASONRY PAINT STRIPPER is part of the BEHR PREMIUM family of Concrete & Masonry Prep products. It is a biodegradable stripper that removes multiple layers of coatings on vertical and horizontal surfaces. It is formulated to strip stains, epoxies, urethanes, elastomerics, alkyds, sealants and most industrial and architectural coatings. BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY PAINT STRIPPER NO. 992 is designed for Interior & Exterior Metal, Masonry, Stone, Brick and Concrete Surfaces such as: Garage Floors, Driveways, Walkways, Patios, Basement Floors and Concrete Walls.
- Concrete & Masonry Paint Stripper No. 992 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Use on painted or stained Interior/Exterior, Vertical/Horizontal Concrete, Masonry, Stone, Brick and Metal Surfaces such as: Garage Floors, Driveways, Walkways, Patios, Pool/Cool Decks, Basement Floors and Concrete Walls.
- Removes coatings such as: stains, epoxies, urethanes, elastomeric, alkyds, sealants, latex and most industrial and architectural paints.
- DO NOT USE ON MARBLE, GRANITE, TERRAZZO, COLORED CONCRETE, BRASS, BRONZE or COPPER.
CAUTION: Stained surfaces may become slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on surface when moisture is present.
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
- SHAKE WELL PRIOR TO USE.
- Pour BEHR PREMIUM™ CONCRETE & MASONRY PAINT STRIPPER N0. 992 into a paint tray or bucket. If water seems to have separated out, stir product until uniform.
- For vertical and glossy or greasy surfaces, scuff sand the surface lightly with a medium grit sand paper prior to application to prevent sagging of paint stripper.
- Test Patch: A test area will indicate the time required to lift coating and the suitability of the product for the paint and substrate.
- Protect grass and any nearby plants by dampening these areas with water and covering with plastic drop cloths.
- Prevent all rinse solution from entering storm drains.
- Use product when air and surface temperatures are between 50-80°F (10-27°C).
- Wear protective clothing, goggles, acid resistant gloves, and a NIOSH approved air purifying respirator with an organic vapor cartridge.
- Apply a thick, even layer of stripper onto the surface using a paintbrush or an airless sprayer. Stripper thickness should be such that the original coated surface is completely covered.
- Spread rate is approximately 60-75 sq. ft. (6-7 m2) per gallon.
- Penetration varies according to coating type, thickness and temperature. COATING WILL WRINKLE WHEN THE JOB IS DONE. Most coatings will take between 1 – 6 hours to lift.
- Check periodically during the waiting period, to ensure that the coating is completely covered with the stripper. If the coated surface becomes visible again, re-apply a light coating.
- The stripper should remain wet and active until the coating wrinkles. If hot or windy conditions cause drying, re-apply a light coating.
- Use a scraper, squeegee or pressure washer to remove all coating and residue.
- The stripper is formulated to remove several layers of coating in one application. Some areas however, may require an additional application to remove all layers.
- The stripped surface must be rinsed with water thoroughly to remove all chemical residues before recoating.
- Surface dry time will vary, depending on air & surface temperature.
- Make sure concrete or surface is visually and completely dry to touch prior to recoating.
- If product comes in contact with painted or finished surfaces, rinse immediately with fresh water.
- Thoroughly rinse all surfaces, clothing and tools with fresh water immediately after use.
- Collect lifted coating and dispose of it in accordance with local government regulations.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused paint, contact your household refuse collection service.
LIMITED WARRANTY BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION warrants that this product meets BEHR’S manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CONTAINER WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
† WARNING!If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
CAUTION! IRRITANT! May cause moderate eye irritation . Harmful if swallowed. Contains Glycolic Acid. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN. May cause slight skin irritation and moderate to severe gastrointestinal and respiratory system irritation . Use with adequate ventilation . Wear protective clothing, acid resistant rubber gloves and eye goggles. Avoid breathing spray mist. If properly used, a respirator may offer additional protection. FIRST AID: Eye and skin contact: In case of eye or skin contact, flush immediately with water for 20 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation or symptoms of overexposure persist. If inhaled, move to fresh air. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately. Give water to dilute material in stomach. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN–DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).