- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Porch & Patio Floor Paint - Gloss
This 100% acrylic latex, mildew resistant finish is available in two sheens, Low-Lustre and Gloss. These products resist scuffing, fading, cracking and peeling while providing a durable, long lasting finish that is ideal for both interior and exterior applications.
Where to Use
- On properly prepared, previously painted or primed Interior or Exterior surfaces. Ideal for Porches, Floors, Decks, Basements, Patios, Siding, Trim, Furniture and Trellises. Not for use on Garage Floors.
CAUTION: Painted surfaces may become slippery when wet. To help prevent slips, add a product such as BEHR PREMIUM™ NON-SKID FLOOR FINISH ADDITIVE No. 970.
- All surfaces must be clean, sound, dry and free of any dirt, oil and grease. Remove mildew stains with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM MILDEW STAIN REMOVER NO. 62. New or Weathered Wood: use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM 2-IN-1 WOOD PREP NO. 63. Uncoated Concrete or Masonry Surfaces: allow new surfaces to cure 30 days. Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY CLEANER & ETCHER NO. 991. Painted Surfaces: Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY PAINT STRIPPER NO. 992 to strip old coating. To clean a painted surface in sound condition, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY DEGREASER & CLEANER NO. 990. Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY CLEANER & ETCHER NO. 991 to spot etch all exposed concrete, follow with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY BONDING PRIMER NO. 880.
- Scuff sand new/weathered wood and glossy surfaces.
- Use stainless steel or galvanized nails to prevent nail staining. Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Interior: Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® ENAMEL UNDERCOATER PRIMER & SEALER No. 75.
- Exterior: Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS WATER-BASED PRIMER & SEALER No. 436 or a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS OIL-BASED PRIMER & SEALER No. 434.
- Interior/Exterior: Over uncoated concrete or masonry surfaces, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY BONDING PRIMER No. 880.
- Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C). Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- Use a high quality 3/8 -1/2" nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015 - .019" spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Coverage is 200-400 sq. ft. (23-37 m2) per gallon depending on the surface texture, porosity and application method.
- Apply second coat in the opposite direction of the first.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Certain colors may require more than one coat for complete hide.
- Dries to touch in 4 hours at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity. Allow first coat to dry 24-48 hours before applying the second coat. Allow 72 hours before subjecting to normal use. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- After 4 weeks, cured paint film may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Dry paint film is mildew resistant.
Clean Up & Storage
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
Refer to the BEHR Exterior Paint Guide for additional tips or get perfect color coordination with COLORSMART BY BEHR™.
LIMITED WARRANTY BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product.This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN CONTAINER WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
FOR TINT BASES – DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF TINTING COLORANTS
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure-treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH-approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15-20 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).