- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Basement & Masonry Waterproofer
BEHR PREMIUM® Basement & Masonry Waterproofer with NanoGuard® Technology is an advanced interior/exterior waterproofer designed for porous concrete and masonry surfaces. This low odor, masonry waterproofer is formulated for waterproofing above and below grade basement walls, retaining walls, garage walls, masonry walls, cinder blocks, stucco, brick, foundations and landscape walls. This alkali resistant coating provides a long-lasting, durable and decorative finish that resists water seeping under hydrostatic pressure. It uses NanoGuard Technology to form an extremely strong adhesive barrier to stop water infiltration.
FOR TINT BASE – DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF TINTING COLORANTS.
WHERE TO USE
Walls subject to hydrostatic pressure. Ideal for above or below grade Basement Walls, Retaining Walls, Garage Walls, Masonry Walls, Cinder Blocks, Stucco, Brick, Foundations and Landscape Walls. Apply to dry or slightly damp surfaces. Not for use on floors or walls with active water leaks.
2 Coats Required
1 Hr Dry Time; 4 Hr Recoat Time
75-125 Sq. Ft Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water Clean-Up
Proper surface preparation is required
- New or Unpainted Surfaces: New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days. Test for loose, flaking concrete by pressing a piece of masking or cellophane tape at various places, then pull it off with an abrupt action. If the tape does not pull the concrete from the surface, it can be painted. If the existing concrete is removed, the loose concrete should be removed down to a sound substrate.
- For below grade application: All holes or cracks must be properly patched with a fast setting hydraulic cement.
- For above grade application: Prime all uncoated, patched, chalky, and adjacent wood and/or metal surfaces with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer. Remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product. All surfaces must be clean and free of dirt, dust, efflorescence and oil. Clean surface with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM™ NO. 991 Concrete & Masonry Cleaner & Etcher. Follow all label instructions.
- Previously Painted Surfaces: BEHR PREMIUM NO. 875 & NO. 876 Basement & Masonry Waterproofer provide best results when applied to bare or untreated surfaces. PREVIOUSLY PAINTED SURFACES IN GOOD, REPAINTABLE CONDITION MAY BE PAINTED WITH BEHR PREMIUM NO. 875 & NO. 876, HOWEVER, BEHR WILL NOT GUARANTEE THE RESULTS. Test for loose, flaking paint by pressing a piece of masking or cellophane tape at various places, then pull it off with an abrupt action. If the tape does not pull the paint from the surface, it can be painted. If the existing paint is removed, the loose paint should be removed down to a sound substrate by wire brushing or sanding. For Interior or Exterior application; remove deteriorated coating prior to application. Follow all preparation instructions under “New or Unpainted Surfaces” above.
- Stir well before use.
- Do not thin product.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Use product when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C). Apply to dry or slightly damp masonry walls. Wipe off any visible moisture with a dry cloth before painting.
- Apply using a high quality 1/2"-3/4" nap roller, 4" nylon/ polyester brush or an airless sprayer @ 2,200-3,200 PSI using a .023"-.025" spray tip.
- Two coats minimum are required: First Coat: Using a brush or roller, work the waterproofer onto the surface until any all pores or voids are covered. Second Coat: Using a brush or roller, cover the entire surface. Properly fill any voids left after the first coat. Additional spot application may be needed depending on the porosity of the surface.
- Important: If leaking is still present after two coats, it indicates that voids or pinholes are still open. Re-apply product to these areas. DO NOT thin product or apply at a greater spread rate.
- Low temperatures or high humidity conditions will affect drying time.
- Full cure should be reached in 7-14 days.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN – DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
Behr Process Corporation warrants customer satisfaction with this product for 10 years on vertical surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly prepared uncoated surface in accordance with the label directions. Previously painted or treated surfaces are excluded from this warranty. Color fading and chalking will occur naturally over time. If you are not satisfied with this product, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price. This warranty is made to the original residential product purchaser and is not transferable. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based upon breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).