- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® Interior Stain-Blocking Ceiling Paint
This stain-blocking ceiling paint is spatter and drip resistant and specifically designed for ceiling application. Its performance-driven paint and primer in one formulation blocks most household and water stains and dries to form an antimicrobial-mildew resistant film. Featuring advanced NANOGUARD® technology, this product offers excellent stain resistance and improved hiding in fewer coats. It can be used in any room of the house including family rooms, living rooms, dining rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms and kid's rooms. Backed by a lifetime guarantee*, the flat sheen hides minor surface imperfections and can be tinted to light colors.
- Ultra Pure White® No. 5558 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Properly prepared coated and uncoated Interior Ceilings.
Preparation & Prime†
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth, allow to dry.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before priming.
- Make sure that there are no active water problems and that any previous water damage is fully dry.
- Use BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a primer for repaired or uncoated surfaces.
- Lock in stains with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a spot primer. For heavy stains, test for stain bleedthrough by applying BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT as a topcoat to a small section. If the stain bleeds through the topcoat, spot prime another coat to the stained area and test again before topcoating the entire ceiling. If bleeding continues, a longer dry time is needed before topcoating. Additional coats may be needed to achieve hide.
- For drastic color changes, apply a primer coat of BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA STAIN-BLOCKING CEILING PAINT if needed.
- Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Stir paint occasionally. Intermix containers of same product to ensure color and sheen uniformity.
- Use a high quality 3/8-1/2” nap roller cover, nylon/polyester brush or an airless sprayer (.015-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Popcorn style acoustic ceilings; use acoustic ceiling roller cover (1/2-3/4” nap) or airless sprayer (.015-.019” spray tip, 60 mesh filter).
- Coverage is 250-400 sq. ft. (23-37 m2) per gallon depending on the surface texture, porosity and application method.
- Do not thin if using a roller or brush; however, if using a sprayer and thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Multiple coats may be required to complete hide.
- Dries to touch in 30 minutes at 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity, re-coat in 1 hour.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
Clean Up & Storage
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your local household refuse collection service.
Refer to the BEHR Interior Paint Guide for additional tips or get perfect color coordination with COLORSMART BY BEHR™.
*BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION GUARANTEES THAT THIS PAINT MEETS THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS WHEN APPLIED AND CARED FOR ACCORDING TO LABEL DIRECTIONS. THIS GUARANTEE SHALL BE EFFECTIVE FOR SO LONG AS YOU RESIDE IN YOUR HOME AND IS MADE TO THE ORIGINAL RESIDENTIAL CONSUMER PAINT PURCHASER. THIS GUARANTEE IS NOT TRANSFERABLE. Ultimate Durability – The dried paint film resists peeling, blistering, fading and mildew growth, providing a washable finish from which you can easily remove stains and dirt. Outstanding Hide and Coverage – Assured when applied according to label directions. Complete Color Selection – Specifically formulated to achieve a full range of pure, clean colors available through computerized color matching. If this paint fails to perform as specified above, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof-of-purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new paint to you, or refund the purchase price of this paint. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for the application or removal of any paint and (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This guarantee gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CAN WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
†WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH-approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).