- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Protector & Waterproofer No. 980
A premium interior/exterior waterproofing formula that uses the latest water-based silicone technology designed to penetrate surfaces up to 1/2". This waterproofer creates a barrier inside the surface that keeps water out, but lets trapped water vapors escape; reducing corrosion, spalling, efflorescence and freeze-thaw damage. It reduces staining due to mold, mildew, algae growth and ensures greater durability of the surface. The protection is not worn away with normal use. It protects long after the water beading is gone!
- Protector & Waterproofer No. 980 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Horizontal and Vertical uncoated Concrete and Masonry surfaces such as: Concrete Block, Pavers, Stucco, Brick, Unglazed Tiles, Exposed Aggregate Concrete, Sandstone and Slate.
- Not recommended for use on areas subject to hydrostatic pressure such as basement walls or floors.
CAUTION: Sealed surfaces may become slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on surface when moisture is present.
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
- New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days.
- Remove old coating or sealer, if present, using a product such as BEHR PREMIUM™ CONCRETE & MASONRY PAINT STRIPPER N0. 992. Follow all label instructions.
- For proper penetration and adhesion, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY CLEANER & ETCHER NO. 991 to clean and etch the surface. Follow all label instructions.
- TEST: Sprinkle a few drops of water onto the surface. If water is quickly absorbed, the surface is ready. If not absorbed, re-etch.
- Remove mildew stains with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM MOLD & MILDEW STAIN REMOVER N0. 62. Follow all label instructions.
- DO NOT THIN. Stir or shake before applying.
- Use product when temperature is between 50–90°F (10-32°C).
- Apply until saturated by brush, roller or garden sprayer to a dry surface at the spread rate of about 250 sq. ft. (23m2) per gallon.
- Remove any puddles by spreading product to drier areas or by wiping up excess with a clean cloth.
- On vertical surfaces, apply from the bottom up and saturate well.
- Allow surface to dry 24-48 hours, depending on temperature and humidity.
- Once dried, rough, vertical surfaces may be coated with an oil or latex-based paint or primer. Follow all label instructions. Do not paint horizontal surfaces after applying this product.
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused paint, contact your household refuse collection service.
*LIMITED WARRANTY BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION warrants customer satisfaction with this product for 10 years on vertical and horizontal surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly prepared surface in accordance with the label directions. If you are not satisfied with this product, Behr will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price. This warranty is made to the original residential purchaser and is not transferable. Behr will not be responsible for (1) labor or the cost of labor for removal or application of any product or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based upon breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CONTAINER WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING.USE WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air and use a properly fitted respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P Series particulate prefilter). Obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN–DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY .
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).