- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
Log Home Gloss Finish
A high quality exterior clear, film-forming finish for log homes, siding and fences. This durable & flexible coating is designed to expand and contract with the wood and contains special UV inhibitors to provide a beautiful, natural finish. Available in both clear and cedar colors.
READY TO USE. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
WHERE TO USE
“For Wood Substrates Only” Exterior wood surfaces such as: Log and Timber Frame Homes, Siding, Fencing and Railings. Do not use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
Must Prep Before Applying Finish
3-4 Coats Recommended
Spread Rate: 1st Coat: 200-400 Sq.Ft.; 2nd Coat: 300-400 Sq.Ft.
Soap & Water Clean-Up
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus. On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood.
- Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating.
- Lightly sand any remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- The wood surface must be completely dry before application. Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. Test product for color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a 3/8" nap roller or nylon/polyester bristle brush. Airless sprayer with a .015 - .019" tip is recommended for experienced applicators only.
- Maintenance re-coating may be achieved by applying 2 coats at a spread rate of 200-400 sq. ft. (18-37 m2) per gallon over a clean, sound surface.
- Clean and recoat surface when finish no longer has gloss or luster or if the film is broken.
- Thoroughly seal the ends of the boards and all porous areas such as knots with several thin coats.
- Maintain a wet edge when applying. Back-brush during all application methods. Apply product end-to-end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Over application of finish will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking. Avoid applying finish too heavily. Avoid applying product in direct sunlight or on to hot surfaces.
- Dries to touch in 8-12 hours. Recoat after 24 hours. Cool temperatures and/or high humidity will require additional drying time.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL: DANGER! Rags, steel wool and waste soaked with this BEHR LOG HOME GLOSS FINISH may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded or stored. To avoid a spontaneous combustion fire, immediately after use, place rags, steel wool or waste in a sealed, water-filled, metal container. Do not store unused product inside the home. For disposal guidance, contact your household refuse collection service, fire department, county or state government environmental control agency.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSHapproved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
A quality product that contains a mildewcide will assist in providing a finish that is resistant to mildew, provided that all existing mildew is removed prior to application. While this product does contain a mildewcide, it will not prevent mildew growth.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: AN ALKYD RESIN. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MI ST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15-20 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children - do not take internally.
Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).