- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
Waterproofing Wood Protector
This clear waterproofer’s 100% acrylic formula offers protection from rain and harmful UV rays for up to 1 year on decks and 2 years on fences and siding. Cleans up easily with soap and water and is also mildew resistant.
- Waterproofing Wood Protector No. 300 - MSDS
READY TO USE. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
WHERE TO USE
Exterior, properly prepared, unsealed wood surfaces such as: Decks, Railings, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Roofs, Fences, Planters and Wood Patio Furniture.
Must Prep Before Applying Wood Protector
2 Coats Required: Must Apply 2nd Coat Thinner than the 1st Coat
Spread Rate: 1st Coat 300-350 Sq.Ft.; 2nd Coat 600-700 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water Clean-Up
(The following steps and products are recommended for best results.)
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus.
- On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating. Lightly sand any remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
(For best results, a pad applicator is recommended over large areas.)
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours. The wood surface must be completely dry before application.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT. Stir product occasionally throughout application. Test product for penetration and color on a small hidden area before proceeding.
- Use a nylon/polyester bristle brush or pad applicator. Rolling should be limited to rough surfaces only.
- Use a 3/8” nap roller. A high quality pump sprayer with a variable tip can be used. However, if a pump sprayer is used, work in small sections lightly saturating the surface and backbrush/roll immediately to remove excess and evenly distribute the finish.
- Airless spray is recommended for experienced applicators only. Use a .015 - .019” tip. Maintain a wet edge when applying. Always backbrush during all application methods. Apply product end to end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Over application of finish will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking. Avoid applying finish too heavily. Coat wood on all sides for optimum performance.
- 1-2 hours before recoat. Wait 24-48 hours before foot traffic. Allow 72 hours for full cure.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNES, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
A quality product that contains a mildewcide will assist in providing a finish that is resistant to mildew, provided that all existing mildew is removed prior to application. While this product does contain a mildewcide, it will not prevent mildew growth.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15-20 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
CAUTION: Finished surfaces may become slippery when wet.
Behr Process Corporation warrants customer satisfaction with this product for 4 years on vertical surfaces and for 2 years on horizontal surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly prepared surface according to label directions. Color fading and slight natural graying of the wood may occur during this period, especially in areas exposed to heavy foot traffic or excessive weather. If you are not satisfied with this product, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price. This warranty is made to the original residential product purchaser and is not transferable. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based upon breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).