- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Solid Color Weatherproofing All-In-One Wood Stain & Sealer
BEHR’s best solid color product, this advanced 100% acrylic formula delivers complete protection from the elements for up to 10 years on decks and 25 years on fences and siding. The product is self-priming and delivers excellent protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Available in over 1,600 custom colors and formulated for color matching, this stain will hide imperfections while allowing the wood texture to show through. The durable and advanced 100% acrylic formula resists cracking, peeling and blistering. This product is also great for composite decks.
Pre-mixed Colors Available in Select Markets
- Cedar Naturaltone No. 50533 - MSDS
- White No. 5011 - MSDS
DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF TINTING COLORANTS. Protect from freezing .
WHERE TO USE
Recommended for properly prepared new to heavily weathered or cracking wood surfaces (0 to 15+ years exposure) such as: Decks, Railings, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Roofs, Fences, Wood Patio Furniture and Composites.
Must Prep Before Staining Wood Finish
2 Coats Recommended: 2 Thin Coats Required
Spread Rate: 1st Coat 200-400 Sq.Ft.; 2nd Coat 400-800 Sq. Ft.
Soap & Water Clean-Up
(The following steps and products are required.)
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings. BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium exterior stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating.
- On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Lightly sand to remove remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C).
- Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours. The wood surface must be completely dry before application.
- No primer needed on most woods. However, Redwood, Cedar, Cypress and other "bleeding" woods contain water soluble extractives which may cause discoloration of white and pastel colors; therefore prime the above type woods with one coat of a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer. See label for additional instructions. Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application.
- Use a 3/8” nap roller, nylon/polyester brush, pad applicator or airless sprayer. Airless spray is recommended for experienced applicators only; use a .015 - .019" tip.
- If thinning is required, thin with water at a rate of no more than 1/2 pint per gallon.
- Maintain a wet edge when applying.
- Always back-brush and apply product end to end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks. Over application of stain will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking. Avoid applying stain too heavily. Two thin coats recommended.
- For optimum performance, coat all six sides of the wood.
- 1-2 hours before recoat. Wait 24-48 hours before light foot traffic. 72 hours for full cure.
- For disposal of unused paint products, please contact your household refuse collection service.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
A quality product that contains a mildewcide will assist in providing a finish that is resistant to mildew, provided that all existing mildew is removed prior to application. While this product does contain a mildewcide, it will not prevent mildew growth.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15-20 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children - do not take internally.
CAUTION: Stained surfaces may become slippery when wet.
Behr Process Corporation warrants customer satisfaction with this product for 25 years on vertical surfaces and for 10 years on horizontal surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly prepared surface according to label directions. Color fading and slight natural graying of the wood may occur during this period, especially in areas exposed to heavy foot traffic or excessive weather. If you are not satisfied with this product, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price. This warranty is made to the original residential product purchaser and is not transferable. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based upon breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only