- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR® Multi-Surface Roof Paint
A premium quality, durable, 100% acrylic latex flat finish. This coating is mildew and algae resistant and will not discolor or yellow when exposed to typical high roof temperatures. It has excellent adhesion to various types of roofing materials and is tintable to match a variety of custom colors.
- White Reflective No. 65 - MSDS
FOR TINT BASE - DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF TINITNG COLORANT
WHERE TO USE
New or old Unglazed Tile, Masonry Shingle, Anchored Gravel, Aluminum/Metal Materials, Composite Sheet, Asphalt Shingles, Concrete or Cement Block, Urethane Foam, Slate or Wood Shake Roofs. This product is intended to brighten roofs and reflect heat. Not intended to waterproof or repair roof leaks.
2 Hr Dry Time; 4 Hr Recoat Time
250-450 Sq. Ft Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water Clean-Up
Protect from Freezing
Proper surface preparation is required
- Replace brittle or cracked shingles. Clean all roof surfaces.
- Previously coated surfaces should be wire brushed or scraped to remove all loose coating.
- Remove mildew with a mildew stain removing product.
- On galvanized metal, use a diluted solution of a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 991 Concrete & Masonry Cleaner & Etcher to prepare surface.
- If applying on wood shakes, clean with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner. Follow directions on product labels.
- Rinse thoroughly and allow a minimum of 24 hours to dry.
- Prime all metal, asphalt and wood surfaces with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer. Follow directions on product label.
- DO NOT THIN.
- When working with more than one can of the same product, inter-mix to ensure color uniformity. Stir paint before and occasionally during application.
- Use product when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C). Do not use if rain or heavy dew is expected within 24 hours.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- All roof surfaces must be dry.
- Apply starting at the top of the roof and working down, using a high quality 1" nap roller, nylon/polyester brush or high quality airless sprayer (.015"-.017" sprayer tip). Always maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks.
- A second coat is optional for improved hide and durability.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN – DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
To consult with a Behr Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).