- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
PREMIUM PLUS WITH STYLE® Faux Glaze
This unique, water-based translucent product is designed for blending with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA® or BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® Interior paints and applied using decorative paint applicators. This mixture extends the paint's open time allowing you to create dynamic faux-painted finishes and unique decorative wall designs.
- Premium Plus With Style® Faux Glaze No. 748 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent and remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product. Rinse and allow to dry. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth. Remove all dust with a damp cloth and allow to dry. Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure 30 days before priming. Use BEHR® ENAMEL UNDERCOATER PRIMER & SEALER NO. 75. Apply Interior Eggshell, Satin or Semi-Gloss sheen for the base color according to label instructions.
Mixing the Glaze Color
- In a plastic container, blend 1 part paint (1 quart) to 4 parts glaze (1 gallon) for each selected glaze color. Stir glaze mixture until thoroughly blended and occasionally during application.
- Refer to the Interior How-To section on www.behr.com for additional instructions and tips on application. Using the appropriate tool and technique, apply the glaze color over the dried base color. Work in 3' x 3’ (90 x 90 cm) areas or smaller depending on the technique. Blend from section to section in a random pattern and maintain a wet edge to ensure smooth transitions. Typical coverage is 400 sq. ft (37 m2) per gallon. Coverage may vary depending upon the surface and the desired effect.
- For maximum protection over the finish, after the glaze color has dried a minimum of 48 hours, apply a coat of clear water-based polyurethane.
- Dries to touch in 1 hour at 75°F (24°C) and 50% humidity. Allow 4 hours to dry between coats. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity. After 30 days, the surface is fully cured and may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
LIMITED WARRANTY Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CAN WITHOUT READING THESE INSTRUCTIONS. This water-based translucent product is to be blended with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® Interior paints. The paint and glaze mixture extends the paint's open time to allow you to create unique decorative wall designs.
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately. CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).