- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR® Barn & Fence Paint
An advanced exterior paint combining the best features of oil and latex for superior color retention, adhesion, penetration and durability. It provides a film that is highly resistant to cracking, peeling, blistering, chalking, weathering and erosion.
Pre-mixed Colors Available in Select Markets
- Barn Red No. 25 - MSDS
FOR TINT BASE – DO NOT USE WITHOUT THE ADDITION OF TINTING COLORANT.
WHERE TO USE
Smooth or rough-sawn exterior vertical wood surfaces such as Plywood, Fences, Shingles, Shakes, Siding and Laminates. Not for use on horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic. Dry film will not harm livestock.
2-3 Hr Dry Time; 6-8 Hr Recoat Time
200-500 Sq. Ft Coverage per Gallon
Soap & Water Clean-Up
Protect from Freezing
Proper surface preparation is required
- Remove stains caused by mold and mildew with a mold and mildew stain removing product.
Previously painted, stained or clear sealed wood
- Sand all glossy surfaces.
- If surface is in good condition, apply directly over clean, dry surface.
- If the latex or oil-based finish has started to crack, peel or flake, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper on wood to remove the coating. Rinse thoroughly.
- Follow with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner. Scrub, rinse, and allow to dry completely.
New, weathered, pressure treated or uncoated wood
- Place cloth duct tape in random areas on the bare wood. Press the tape firmly then quickly remove it.
- If wood fibers or debris are pulled onto the tape, the wood surface is not sound and additional preparation is required as follows: Clean surface with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper. Rinse. Follow with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner at full strength to remove mill glaze and/or loose wood fibers, dirt and other debris. Rinse and allow to dry.
- Use when air and surface temperature are 50-90˚F (10-32˚C).
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Wood surfaces must be completely dry.
- When working with more than one container of the same color, intermix to ensure color uniformity.
- Redwood, Cedar, Cypress and other “bleeding” woods contain water soluble extractives which may cause discoloration of white and pastel colors; therefore prime the above type woods with one coat of a product such as BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® NO. 436 Exterior Multi-Surface Primer & Sealer to reduce these stains.
- Apply with a nylon/polyester brush on smooth surfaces. On rough-sawn or textured wood apply with a 3/4" long nap roller or high quality airless sprayer. For airless spraying use a .015" tip. Keep a wet edge to reduce lapping and help control color uniformity.
- Always back-brush or back-roll during all application methods.
- Two coats may be necessary for complete hiding. Apply the second coat only after the first coat has thoroughly dried.
- Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and higher humidity.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN – DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).