- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Wet-Look Sealer No. 985
BEHR PREMIUM® WET-LOOK SEALER is a clear, non-yellowing, high solids, acrylic-based masonry sealer. It is formulated to seal, protect and beautify concrete and masonry surfaces with a high gloss, wet-look finish. BEHR PREMIUM® WET-LOOK SEALER is also an excellent topcoat for paints and stains.
- Preparation for Uncoated Concrete for Sealers
- Preparation for Coated Concrete for Sealers
- Preparation for Uncoated Pavers, Brick or Natural Stone for Sealers
- Apply Wet-Look Sealer
- Wet-Look Sealer No. 985 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Use on previously Coated or Uncoated, Vertical or Horizontal, Interior or Exterior surfaces such as: Pavers, Concrete, Mexican Tile and Unglazed Tiles, Brick, Aggregate, Natural and Artificial Stone, Masonry and Stucco.
- Not recommended for use on Wood, Metal, Granite, Marble, Terrazzo, areas immediately adjacent to pools or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure. Do not use over Oil-Based products.
CAUTION: Sealed surfaces may become slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on surface when moisture is present. Apply in sections so wet material does not have to be walked on during application.
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
- New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days.
- For proper penetration and adhesion of sealer on new or smooth concrete floors, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM™ CONCRETE & MASONRY CLEANER & ETCHER NO.991 to clean and etch the surface. Follow all label instructions.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY DEGREASER & CLEANER NO. 990 to clean previously coated surfaces in sound condition.
- To completely strip the surface use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY PAINT STRIPPER N0. 992. Follow all label instructions. Scrape and remove any loose or peeling coating.
- DO NOT THIN. Stir or shake before applying.
- Use product when temperature is between 50-80°F (10-27°C). Do not apply in direct sunlight. Do not apply to wet surfaces or if rain or heavy dew is expected within 24 hours.
- Apply a thin coat using a nylon/polyester brush, 1/4” - 3/8” nap roller, high quality pad applicator or a high quality pump sprayer with an adjustable tip at a spread rate of 200-450 sq. ft. (19-42 m2) per gallon. Spread rate is highly dependent on surface roughness and porosity. If sprayed, backroll for uniform thickness.
- Allow first coat to dry 4 hours, then apply a second coat at a spread rate of 350-700 sq. ft. (33-65 m2) per gallon. Additional coats (no more than 4) may be added for a higher gloss and added protection.
Note: Horizontal surfaces may be subject to excessive wear. Therefore, periodic touch-ups may be necessary.
- Dries to touch in 1 hour. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- Floors may be subjected to light foot traffic after 24 hours. Allow 72 hours before repositioning furniture or subjecting surface to heavy foot or automotive traffic.
- Park tires on corrugated cardboard for 14 days after applying product.
- Wait at least 30 days before cleaning with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused paint, contact your household refuse collection service.
LIMITED WARRANTY BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr will, at its option and upon proof-of-purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. BEHR will not be responsible for (1) labor or the cost of labor for removal or application of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CONTAINER WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
PRODUCT WILL APPEAR MILKY IN CONTAINER BUT WILL DRY TO A CLEAR FINISH.
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).