- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
Semi-Transparent Oil-Based Wood Stain No. 4330
This oil-based product penetrates to provide protection from water for up to 2 years on decks and 4 years on fences and siding. The available cedar naturaltone and redwood colors enhance the natural color of the wood.
Pre-mixed Colors Available in Select Markets
READY TO USE. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
WHERE TO USE
Recommended for properly prepared exterior wood surfaces such as: Decks, Shakes, Shingles, Siding, Roofs, Fences or Wood Patio Furniture.
Must Prep Before Staining
Spread Rate: Covers 250-300 Sq. Ft.
Dry Time: 24-48 Hrs. Before Foot Traffic
Mineral Spirits Clean-Up
(The following steps and products are recommended for best results.)
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM™ NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM™ NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium exterior stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus.
- Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating. On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Lightly sand to remove remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Bare wood surfaces must be completely dry before application. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. Use a natural bristle brush, synthetic filament brush or pad applicator.
- Rolling should be limited to rough surfaces only. Use a 3/8" nap roller.
- A high quality pump sprayer with a variable tip can be used.
- Work in small sections lightly saturating the surface and back-brush immediately to evenly distribute the stain.
- Airless spray is recommended for experienced applicators.
- Use a .015 - .019" tip. Maintain a wet edge and always back-brush.
- Apply product end to end or to board lengths to prevent lap marks.
- Coat wood on all sides for optimum performance. One coat is recommended.
- Over application of stain will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking. Avoid applying stain too heavily.
- 72 hours for full cure.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product contact your household refuse collection service.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
A quality product that contains a mildewcide will assist in providing a finish that is resistant to mildew, provided that all existing mildew is removed prior to application. While this product does contain a mildewcide, it will not prevent mildew growth.
IMPORTANT! STORAGE AND DISPOSAL: DANGER! Rags, steel wool and waste soaked with this BEHR SEMITRANSPARENT OIL-BASED WOOD STAIN may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded or stored. To avoid a spontaneous combustion fire, immediately after use, place rags, steel wool or waste in a sealed, water-filled, metal container. Do not store unused product inside the home. For disposal guidance, contact your household refuse collection service, fire department, county or state government environmental control agency.
VENTILATION REQUIRED: To avoid inhalation and combustion hazards (see below), DO NOT use this product unless you can achieve cross-ventilation by opening windows and doors during application and drying.
CONTAINS PETROLEUM DISTILLATES AND OXIDIZING OIL. VAPOR HARMFUL. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache or nausea. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air, wear respiratory protection (NIOSH/ MSHA TC 23C or equivalent) or leave the area. Follow respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Causes eye, skin, nose and throat irritation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling and before smoking and eating.
NOTICE: Reports have associated repeated and prolonged occupational overexposure to solvents with permanent brain and nervous system damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents may be harmful or fatal. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE. Keep away from sparks, heat and open flame. Do not smoke. Vapors are heavier than air, and can travel at floor level to distant ignition sources. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights and turn off stoves, heaters, electric motors, high intensity lights and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Close container after each use. To avoid spontaneous combustion, soak soiled rags and waste immediately after use in a closed, water-filled metal container.
FIRST AID: If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately. If you have difficulty breathing, leave area to obtain fresh air. If difficulty continues, get medical attention immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
CAUTION: Stained surfaces may become slippery when wet.
Behr Process Corporation warrants customer satisfaction with this product for 4 years on vertical surfaces and for 2 years on horizontal surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly prepared surface according to label directions. Color fading and slight natural graying of the wood may occur during this period, especially in areas exposed to heavy foot traffic or excessive weather. If you are not satisfied with this product, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product or refund the purchase price. This warranty is made to the original residential product purchaser and is not transferable. This warranty excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based upon breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).