- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® 1-Part Epoxy Concrete & Garage Floor Paint
A high-performance, ready-to-use, water-based floor paint that resists hot tire pick-up and marring. The finish is highly resistant to chemicals, oil and gasoline, which reduces the need for maintenance of hard-to-clean interior or exterior floors. This durable, satin finish floor paint also resists scuffing, fading, cracking, peeling and blistering.
Where to Use
- Interior or Exterior surfaces such as: Porous Concrete, Masonry, Stone and Brick. Ideal for horizontal surfaces such as: Garage Floors, Driveways, Basements and Porches.
- DO NOT use on vertical surfaces or areas subject to hydrostatic pressure. NOT for industrial use. DO NOT use on areas subject to fork-lifts.
CAUTION: Painted surfaces may become slippery when wet. Adding a product such as BEHR PREMIUM™ NON-SKID FLOOR FINISH ADDITIVE NO. 970 will help prevent slip. Follow all label instructions.
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
New and Uncoated Concrete or Masonry Surfaces:
- New concrete must cure for a minimum of 30 days.
- For proper penetration and adhesion of topcoat, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY CLEANER & ETCHER NO. 991 to clean and etch the surface. Follow all label instructions.
- Apply a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY BONDING PRIMER NO. 880 to increase adhesion of topcoat to the surface. Follow all label instructions.
Painted, Stained or Sealed Concrete:
- Option 1- To completely strip the entire surface, use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM Concrete & Masonry Paint Striper NO. 992. Follow all label instructions.
- Option 2- To recoat over an existing coating, remove any loose or peeling paint and scuff sand the surface.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY DEGREASER & CLEANER NO. 990 to clean previously coated surfaces in sound condition.
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY CLEANER & ETCHER NO. 991 to clean and etch any bare concrete area. Follow all label instructions.
- Spot prime all bare concrete areas with a product such as BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY BONDING PRIMER NO. 880 to increase adhesion of topcoat to the surface. Follow all label instructions.
- DO NOT THIN. Intermix all cans of same product to ensure color uniformity. Stir before applying. Use product when air and surface temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Apply a thin, even coat using a 3/8" nap roller cover, pad applicator or a nylon/polyester brush at a spread rate of 400-500 sq. ft. (37-46 m2) per gallon on smooth surfaces and 300-400 sq. ft. (28-37 m2) per gallon on rough surfaces.
- Allow first coat to dry 24 hours before deciding if a second coat is necessary. For uniformity apply a second coat (in a criss-cross direction).
- DO NOT APPLY MORE THAN TWO COATS. An annual touch-up may be required in areas subject to tire traffic.
- Dries to touch in 2 hours. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- The floor may be subjected to light foot traffic after 24 hours. Allow 72 hours before subjecting surface to heavy foot traffic or repositioning furniture. Allow 7 days before subjecting to automotive tires. Premature heavy traffic will cause paint failure requiring spot recoating. If necessary, corrugated cardboard may be used underneath automobile tires after 72 hours.
- Wait at least 30 days before rinsing or cleaning. Use a mild detergent as needed.
- Abrasive cleaners and pressure-washers should be used carefully to avoid premature paint failure.
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused paint, contact your household refuse collection service.
LIMITED WARRANTY BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CONTAINER WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
For Tint Bases - Do Not Use Without The Addition of Tinting Colorants
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLY COL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY .
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).