- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
PREMIUM PLUS WITH STYLE® Venetian Plaster™
This heavy-bodied, water-based product can be burnished to create a marble-like appearance. Apply 2 coats on smooth surfaces.
- PREMIUM PLUS WITH STYLE® Venetian Plaster™ No. 770 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Previously painted or primed Interior surfaces. Ideal for areas such as: Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Offices, Hallways and Ceilings.
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product. Rinse and allow to dry. Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth. Remove all dust with a damp cloth and allow to dry. Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure 30 days before priming. Use BEHR ENAMEL UNDERCOATER PRIMER & SEALER NO. 75.
- Refer to the Interior How-To section on www.behr.com for additional instructions and tips on application.
- Use product on smooth surfaces when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C). DO NOT THIN. Typical coverage is 150 sq. ft. (14 m2 ) per gallon with 2 coat application.
- FIRST COAT: Apply product using a straight edged flexible steel trowel or wall scraper. Hold trowel at a 15°-30° angle, spreading a thin layer of the product across the surface. Complete coverage is not necessary. Allow to dry approximately 4 hours.
- SECOND COAT: Hold trowel at a 60°-90° angle to the surface, spreading a thin layer of the product, filling in the empty areas. After the second coat has dried at least 24 hours, a polished effect can be created by sanding the surface with 400 or 600 grit sandpaper, removing the plaster dust and then rubbing the surface with the flat side of the steel trowel. In high moisture or high traffic areas, apply BEHR VENETIAN PLASTER TOPCOAT NO. 775 over the VENETIAN PLASTER. Polishing/burnishing step must be completed prior to application of topcoat. Topcoat dries to a satin sheen.
- Allow fi rst coat to dry 4 hours. If burnishing, allow second coat to dry at least 24 hours and burnish within 7 days of application. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- Wash tools with soap and water. Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing. For disposal of unused paint products, please contact your household refuse collection service.
LIMITED WARRANTY Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CAN WITHOUT READING THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately. CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).