- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Non-Skid Floor Finish Additive No. 970
BEHR PREMIUM® NON-SKID FLOOR FINISH ADDITIVE is a unique texture additive, which, when mixed with a finish product container of paint or solid color stain creates a slip-resistant coating for all types of interior and exterior floor surfaces. This product will not change the color of the floor coating. For a high-quality finish use one of the many BEHR PREMIUM floor coating products: BEHR PREMIUM® PORCH & PATIO FLOOR PAINT, BEHR PREMIUM® 1-PART EPOXY, BEHR PREMIUM® SOLID COLOR CONCRETE STAIN.
- Non-Skid Floor Finish Additive No. 970 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Garage Floors, Patios, Stairs, Basements, Driveways, Decks, Walkways and Pool Decks.
- Finished product container size: for 1 quart use 1/4 pouch; for 1 gallon use 1 pouch; for 5 gallon use 5 pouches
- Add the proper amount of a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NON-SKID FLOOR FINISH ADDITIVE to any latex or oil-based floor coating finish product container and stir thoroughly until dispersed uniformly. Stir occasionally during application. Apply coating to floor surface using a brush or roller. Refer to all paint and stain manufacturer’s product labels for specific instructions on surface preparation and finish application.
- If applying more than one coat of floor finish, mix a product such as BEHR PREMIUM NON-SKID FLOOR FINISH ADDITIVE into the final topcoat. Adding a non-skid additive will reduce the lifespan of the product; therefore, retain any leftover paint for periodic maintenance re-coating.
This product, if added according to label directions, helps to prevent slipping by providing a slip-resistant coating. However, Behr does not warrant that this product will prevent accidents as described in the limited warranty below.
LIMITED WARRANTY Behr Process Corporation Warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and the costs of labor for the application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF DUST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors or spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. Do not use in an unventilated area. A respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) will offer additional protection; however, obtain professional advice before using a respirator. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. FIRST AID: If swallowed, call a physician immediately. If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).