- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
BEHR PREMIUM® Concrete & Masonry Degreaser & Cleaner No. 990
BEHR PREMIUM® CONCRETE & MASONRY DEGREASER & CLEANER is part of the BEHR PREMIUM family of Concrete & Masonry Prep products. It is a powerful citrus-based, multi-purpose cleaner specifically formulated to remove grease & oil stains, algae stains, mildew stains, dirt and most auto fluids from concrete surfaces. This easy water clean-up product is safe for use indoors or outdoors and can be used full strength for tough stains or diluted for general cleaning. BEHR NO. 990 is ideal for use on coated or uncoated surfaces such as: garage floors, driveways, patios, walkways, porches, basement floors, concrete, brick, stone, asphalt and exposed aggregate.
- Concrete & Masonry Degreaser & Cleaner No. 990 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Use on Interior/Exterior surfaces such as: Garage Floors, Driveways, Patios, Walkways, Porches, Basement Floors and Pool Decks. Great on Concrete, Brick, Stone, Asphalt and Exposed Aggregate.
- Extremely effective when used full strength to remove greasy, oily stains such as transmission fluid and anti-freeze caused by automobiles, motorcycles and bicycles. Use a diluted solution on lightly stained and soiled areas.
- Ideal for removing mildew stains, dirt and most fluids from concrete surfaces.
CAUTION: Surfaces may become slippery when wet. Use caution when walking on surface when moisture is present.
(The following steps are recommended for best results.)
- Wipe up all excess oil and grease spills. Scrape and sweep away dirt and loose contaminants on surface.
- Test Patch: Conduct a small test patch in an inconspicuous area to ensure product performance.
- Protect grass and any nearby plants by dampening these areas with water and covering with plastic drop cloths.
- Prevent all rinse solution from entering storm drains.
- Do not mix BEHR PREMIUM™ CONCRETE & MASONRY DEGREASER & CLEANER N0. 990 with bleach, household or industrial cleaning products or detergents.
- Use BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY DEGREASER & CLEANER N0. 990 full strength for tough stains. For general cleaning, add 1 quart cleaner in 1 gallon of water (1:4 dilution). For cleaning previously painted surfaces, add 1 cup cleaner in 1 gallon of water (1:16 dilution). Stir diluted solution thoroughly. Avoid splashing. Mix only in plastic containers.
- DO NOT MIX IN A METAL CONTAINER. Use a plastic mixing container, large enough to hold up to 5 gallons of diluted solution.
- Wear protective clothing, goggles and acid resistant rubber gloves & boots.
- One gallon of diluted solution will clean and degrease up to 500 sq. ft. (47 m2) and one gallon of full strength will cover 150 sq. ft. (14 m2). Actual coverage will depend on method of application, texture and surface porosity.
- Apply BEHR PREMIUM CONCRETE & MASONRY DEGREASER & CLEANER NO. 990 to a dry surface and directly on stained areas for best results. Apply the product (full strength for tough stains, diluted for general cleaning) and work into the surface with a stiff bristled, non-metal brush or broom.
- For best results, use a plastic watering can or plastic pump sprayer to evenly distribute product.
- Allow product to stand for 10-20 minutes then scrub vigorously.
- Do not let product dry on the surface.
NOTE: Heavily stained areas or older stains may require an additional application.
- After application, be sure to thoroughly saturate surrounding grass and plants with fresh water.
- Rinse surface thoroughly with fresh water while scrubbing at the same time to properly remove all remaining residue. Pressure wash for best results. Remove excess water with a non-metal squeegee or mop.
- Thoroughly rinse all surfaces, clothing and tools with fresh water after use.
- If product accidentally comes in contact with painted or finished surfaces, rinse immediately with fresh water. It will damage automobile finishes if not rinsed.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused paint, contact your household refuse collection service.
LIMITED WARRANTY BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION warrants that this product meets BEHR’S manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, BEHR PROCESS CORPORATION will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CONTAINER WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. Contact the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
DANGER! CORROSIVE! WILL CAUSE EYE BURNS AND PERMANENT TISSUE DAMAGE. HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN. May cause permanent skin damage and severe respiratory system irritation. Use with adequate ventilation. Wear protective clothing, acid resistant rubber gloves and eye goggles. Avoid breathing spray mist. If properly used, a respirator may offer additional protection. FIRST AID: Eye and skin contact: In case of eye or skin contact, flush immediately with water for 20 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation or symptoms of overexposure persist. If inhaled, move to fresh air. If swallowed, DONO T induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately. Give water to dilute material in stomach. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN – DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).