- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
Oil-Latex Redwood Stain No. 9
Beautify patio furniture, fences, siding, planters and much more with this solid color redwood stain. Protects wood from water damage and the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Oil/Latex Redwood Stain No. 9 - MSDS
READY TO USE. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.
WHERE TO USE
Exterior new or properly prepared wood surfaces such as: Fences, Siding, Planters and Wood Patio Furniture. Not intended for horizontal surfaces subject to foot traffic.
Must Prep Before Staining
Spread Rate: Covers 200-400 Sq.Ft.
Dry Time: Dry to Touch:1 Hr.; Recoat: 4 Hrs.
Soap & Water Clean-Up
(The following steps and products are recommended for best results.)
- Use a product such as BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 64 Wood Stain & Finish Stripper to remove loose wood fibers, latex, oil-based and 100% acrylic coatings on new or weathered wood.
- BEHR PREMIUM® NO. 63 All-In-One Wood Cleaner MUST be used following NO. 64 to clean, brighten & neutralize wood.
- When NO. 64 is not needed, use a product such as NO. 63 to clean and brighten the wood surface and to remove light to medium exterior stains caused by mold, mildew, algae & fungus. Rinse thoroughly and allow to dry before coating.
- On new wood, use a product such as NO. 63 to remove mill glaze and open the pores of the wood. Lightly sand any remaining wood fibers/fuzz.
- Must apply between 40-90˚F (4.5-32˚C). Do not use if rain is expected within 24 hours.
- Intermix multiple containers to ensure color uniformity. DO NOT THIN PRODUCT.
- Stir product occasionally throughout application. Avoid applying stain in direct sunlight or to hot surfaces.
- Apply with a natural bristle brush or pad applicator. On rough surfaces apply with a 3/4" long nap roller or high quality airless sprayer using a .015 - .019" tip.
- Follow spraying immediately with back-brushing or back-rolling for a uniform appearance.
- Two coats may be applied, however a more solid color appearance will result.
- Over application of stain will lead to surface failure including peeling and cracking.
- Avoid applying stain too heavily.
- For disposal of empty containers and unused product, contact your household refuse collection service.
If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! Sanding or scraping pressure treated lumber may be hazardous; wear appropriate protection.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate prefilter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use.
FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15-20 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: Keep out of reach of children - do not take internally.
CAUTION: Stained surfaces may become slippery when wet.
Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).