- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
PREMIUM PLUS WITH STYLE® Bellagio Faux™
This exciting new finish was inspired by old world European faux finishes. BELLAGIO FAUX is durable, easy to apply and touch up and has a sophisticated washed look. It is used on top of a base color of BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® INTERIOR FLAT ENAMEL paint.
- Premium Plus With Style® Bellagio Faux™ No. 725 - MSDS
Where to Use
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth and allow to dry.
- Allow plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before priming.
- If priming is necessary, use BEHR® ENAMEL UNDERCOATER PRIMER & SEALER NO. 75.
- Apply tinted BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® INTERIOR FLAT ENAMEL paint for base color according to label instructions.
Refer to the Interior How-To section on www.behr.com for additional instructions and tips on application. Dry time recommendations are based on 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity and will vary depending on the air temperature/humidity and how thick the product is applied.
- Use product on smooth to lightly textured surfaces. DO NOT THIN. Typical coverage is 250-350 sq. ft. (23-33 m2) per gallon.
- Generously apply BELLAGIO FAUX® using a nylon/polyester brush. Use random “X” like strokes to fill in a 3' x 3’ (90 x 90 cm) section.
- Allow section to set for 15-18 minutes until the BELLAGIO FAUX begins to lose the wet look.
- Use soft “X” like strokes to smooth down the product with a 4" stainless steel trowel.
- Repeat this process in 3 x 3’ sections until your entire surface is complete.
- Allow 4 hours to dry if a second top color of BELLAGIO FAUX is being applied. Apply second top color repeating first top color instructions. Allow the second top color to set for 7-10 minutes before smoothing down with a trowel.
- At 77°F (25°C) and 50% humidity: dries to touch in 1 hour. Allow 4 hours to dry if applying a second top color. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- After 30 days, the surface is fully cured and may be cleaned with a mild, non-abrasive liquid detergent.
- Dry paint film is mildew resistant.
- Wash tools with soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of unused paint products, please contact your household refuse collection service.
LIMITED WARRANTY Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CAN WITHOUT READING INSTRUCTIONS.
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately. CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY .
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).