- find your color
- Visit the Behr Color Centers
- Buy BEHR® Color Samples
- Learn About Color
- Colorfully, BEHR™ Blog
- be inspired
- Visit Our Style Galleries
- Décor Elements
- Architectural Features
- Kids' Spaces
- Architectural Style
- Outdoor Living
- Exterior Elements
- Browse Our Design Library
- start your project
- BEHR® Products
- Interior Projects
- Exterior Projects
- Explore Project Ideas
- Learn About BEHR® Paints & Primers
- Learn About BEHR® Wood Stains
- Store Locator
- Contact Us
- About Behr
- Rebate Center
- Color Stories
- Ratings & Reviews
- Masco Brands
PREMIUM PLUS® Texture Paint
This white texture paint is easy to apply, ideal for hiding imperfections and is reinforced with interwoven fibers for added durability.
Where to Use
- Primed or low-sheen surfaces. Smooth and Sand Finishes ideal for walls and ceilings in Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Hallways and Kitchens. Popcorn Finish is ideal for ceilings in Living Rooms, Dining Rooms, Bedrooms, Hallways and Kitchens.
- Remove loose paint, wash off any dirt and grease with detergent, remove mildew stains with a mildew stain removing product.
- Scuff sand glossy surfaces.
- Countersink nailheads, repair imperfections and sand smooth.
- Remove all dust with a damp cloth and allow to dry.
- Allow new stucco, plaster and masonry to cure for 30 days before priming.
- Use a product such as BEHR ENAMEL UNDERCOATER PRIMER & SEALER NO. 75. On new drywall in low-moisture rooms, use a product such as BEHR NEW DRYWALL PRIMER & SEALER NO. 73
- Use product when the surface and air temperatures are between 50-90°F (10-32°C).
- Stir thoroughly prior to use. Coverage is 100-200 sq. ft. (9-18 m2) per 2 gallon container depending on application technique and surface condition.
- Initial Application:
- Apply product to a 4' x 4' section using a looped roller. Continue to work in 4' x 4' sections until the entire surface is complete. Allow to dry at least 4 hours. If necessary, apply a second coat using the same process. Note: additional coats will increase textured effect.
- Designer Texture Effect:
- Apply product to a 4’ x 4’ section using a looped roller and allow to set 5 minutes. Follow the specific technique instructions in the BEHR PREMIUM PLUS® Texture Paint guide. Continue to work in 4’ x 4’ sections and overlap slightly into the existing section until the entire surface is complete. Allow to dry at least 4 hours.
- Once the texture fi nish has dried 24-48 hours, to change color and increase durability, apply BEHR PRIMER NO. 75 and topcoat with BEHR PREMIUM PLUS paint. Refer to paint label for further instruction.
- Dries in 4 hours at 75°F (23°C) and 50% humidity. Longer dry time required in cooler temperatures and in higher humidity.
- Surface will fully cure in 1 week.
Clean Up & Storage
- Use soap and water.
- Properly dispose of all soiled rags and protect unused product from freezing.
- For disposal of unused paint products, please contact your household refuse collection service.
Refer to the BEHR® Texture Paint Guide for additional application tips or get perfect color coordination with COLORSMART BY BEHR™.
LIMITED WARRANTY Behr Process Corporation warrants that this product meets Behr’s manufacturing specifications. If this product does not meet these specifications, Behr Process Corporation will, at its option and upon proof of purchase, either furnish an equivalent amount of new product to you or refund the purchase price of this product. This guarantee excludes (1) labor and costs of labor for application or removal of any product; or (2) any incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of express or implied warranty, negligence, strict liability or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT OPEN CONTAINER WITHOUT READING THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
† WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
WARNING! This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
WARNING! IRRITANT! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. CONTAINS: ETHYLENE GLYCOL. MAY CAUSE EYE, NOSE AND THROAT IRRITATION. AVOID CONTACT WITH SKIN AND EYES AND AVOID BREATHING OF VAPORS AND SPRAY MIST. WEAR EYE PROTECTION AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION. To avoid breathing vapors and spray mist, open windows and doors or use other means to ensure fresh air entry during application and drying. If you experience eye watering, headaches or dizziness, increase fresh air. If properly used, a respirator (NIOSH approved for organic vapor with P series particulate pre-filter) may offer additional protection; obtain professional advice before using. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Close container after each use. FIRST AID: If you experience difficulty in breathing, leave the area to obtain fresh air. If continued difficulty is experienced, get medical assistance immediately. In case of eye contact, flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention; for skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, get medical attention immediately.
CAUTION: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN - DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
To consult with a BEHR Certified Coatings Professional, call 1-800-854-0133 Ext. 2 (U.S.A. only).