Becoming a professional painter can be a rewarding and lucrative career that provides continuous education and learnings each day. At Behr Paint Company, we seek to educate and train the next generation of professional painters by teaching them essential painting knowledge and application skills to be confident while on the job.
One of the most valuable ways to master the basics of professional painting is by learning straight from the source. With the Path to Pro Skills Program, powered by The Home Depot, you have the unique opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals in their craft. This FREE self-paced training program includes comprehensive coursework in both Skills Basics and Trades Essentials and is designed to teach transferable soft skills and how-to knowledge that can help you build a successful career in painting.
In partnership with The Home Depot, Behr created an 11-course Paint Training Video Series for Path to Pro that dives into the fundamentals of why and how to become a professional painter. The series is hosted by subject matter experts at Behr and 3M, as well as candid interviews from three professional painters.
This video series provides aspiring painters with the essential basic training they need to become professional painters. The course curriculum covers the following topics:
- Course 1: Becoming a Professional Painter
- Course 2: Not All Paints Are Created Equal
- Course 3: Painting Problems & Solutions
- Course 4: Cleaning & Preparing the Surface
- Course 5: Taping, Masking & Personal Protective Equipment (3M)
- Course 6: Sanding & Sanding Tools (3M)
- Course 7: Spackling & Caulking Application / Exterior Cladding
- Course 8: Priming
- Course 9: Brushing & Rolling Techniques
- Course 10: Estimating & Bidding
- Course 11: Running Your Painting Business
Behr is excited to partner with Path to Pro to provide exclusive paint training to those interested in becoming a professional painter and help support the growth of the painting industry.
Register for the Path to Pro Skills Program here.
Already a professional painter? Find your next job opportunity in the Path to Pro Network.