Getting cozy this season is as easy as updating your fireplace mantel and creating a feature area in your living room. Pair a simple wooden beam with Grey Mist HDC-CT-21 a warm and soothing wall color perfect for relaxed settings. Use the mantle as a space to place favorite mementos, art or seasonal decorations that can be changed throughout the year.
- Pre-Stain: BEHR PREMIUM® WATER-BASED PRE STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER
- Stain: BEHR PREMIUM® FAST-DRYING WATER-BASED WOOD STAIN
- Top Coat Poly: BEHR PREMIUM® FAST-DRYING WATER-BASED POLYURETHANE
- Paint Brush, suggest nylon 2” brush
- Cotton Rags
- Drop Cloth
Scuff sand your wooden beam and do not forget to wipe away sand dust with tack cloth then apply pre-stain with a nylon brush and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Apply water-based stain color of choice after 2-3 minutes wipe away excess stain in the direction of the wood grain then allow the stain to dry for one hour.
Final step is use a nylon brush to apply poly top coat.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind before starting your stain project:
- If you can’t stain outside, make sure to work in a well-ventilated area.
- Stir thoroughly before application. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Apply product with the wood grain.
- After applying stain, wait 2-3 minutes, then go back and wipe any excess product that has not penetrated the wood.
- Make sure to let your stain dry completely between steps.
Behr® Interior Wood Stain Products are currently only available in select stores. Find out if it’s available in a Home Depot Store near you. Find a Store. Not available at your local store, Order online at HomeDepot.com.
For more inspiration on Interior Stain Projects, visit Behr.com.
Such an informative article! All the information provided by you is really very helpful. I agreed that we should use a tack cloth for removing small dust particles from the surface before painting. It gives you smooth paint finishing. Thank you for sharing! Keep posting!