Getting cozy this season is as easy as updating your fireplace mantel and creating a feature area in your living room. Pair a simple wooden beam with Grey Mist HDC-CT-21 a warm and soothing wall color perfect for relaxed settings. Use the mantle as a space to place favorite mementos, art or seasonal decorations that can be changed throughout the year.
- Pre-Stain: BEHR PREMIUM® WATER-BASED PRE STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER
- Stain: BEHR PREMIUM® FAST-DRYING WATER-BASED WOOD STAIN
- Top Coat Poly: BEHR PREMIUM® FAST-DRYING WATER-BASED POLYURETHANE
- Paint Brush, suggest nylon 2” brush
- Cotton Rags
- Drop Cloth
Scuff sand your wooden beam and do not forget to wipe away sand dust with tack cloth then apply pre-stain with a nylon brush and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Apply water-based stain color of choice after 2-3 minutes wipe away excess stain in the direction of the wood grain then allow the stain to dry for one hour.
Final step is use a nylon brush to apply poly top coat.
Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind before starting your stain project:
- If you can’t stain outside, make sure to work in a well-ventilated area.
- Stir thoroughly before application. DO NOT SHAKE.
- Apply product with the wood grain.
- After applying stain, wait 2-3 minutes, then go back and wipe any excess product that has not penetrated the wood.
- Make sure to let your stain dry completely between steps.
Behr® Interior Wood Stain Products are currently only available in select stores. Find out if it’s available in a Home Depot Store near you. Find a Store. Not available at your local store, Order online at HomeDepot.com.
For more inspiration on Interior Stain Projects, visit Behr.com.