Painting a bedroom for the first time can feel like you are hiking up a steep mountain or cooking up a special meal for your friends and family.
Trying something new can be daunting and challenging at first, but it can lead to a great sense of creative freedom and accomplishment when you have the right tools and resources that won’t break the bank. The finish line may feel out of reach, but it’s closer than you think.
Hold the Vision, Trust the Process
A bedroom is more than a living space; it’s a personal domain for self-expression and comfort. Everyone has a unique approach to expressing themselves and how they express comfort. It begins with the color of their walls.
Color acts as a powerful tool in creating a vision that exudes certain desired moods the minute you walk into a bedroom. To create a vision for your bedroom, what moods do you want to evoke?
Explore ColorSmart by BEHR® to visualize, coordinate, and select the perfect color for your bedroom.
After selecting a color, it is time to make your vision come to life with these essentials.
What You Need To Stay Within Your $100 Budget
- Paint: Select one of BEHR PREMIUM PLUS Interior Paint & Primers for its’ high coverage and durability at an affordable price. (Use paint calculator to determine how much you’ll need. For an average size room, 1 gallon is recommended)
- Paint Roller Kit (includes paint roller, paint tray, & paintbrush)
- Drop cloths or any large unused sheets
- Painter’s tape
- Visit https://www.behr.com/consumer/how-to/interior/application/how-to-paint-a-room for step-by-step instructions on painting your bedroom.
- Once you’re done, peel off the painter’s tape for the big reveal.
- Add any wall decorations, such as posters and paintings, for a personal touch.
Congratulations on your room makeover! We hope that this journey was more about creating an impact with your own hands than reaching the finish line. Remember that you are never alone. BEHR is here every step of the way to make sure you create the room of your dreams.
Celebrate your success by sharing your #BehrRoomMakeover with friends and family on social media.